Wednesday, 2 February 2011

A Quick Birthday Card for A Boy


Hi - what a miserable, wet drizzly day today. Hope your weather is better where you are.
Today I made this card for my son to take to his friend's house for birthday tea. It was short notice and I didn't have much time today so had to come up with something quick and also suitable for a 5 year old boy. This is what I came up with. It took me under an hour to do, but would have been done quicker if I didn't keep measuring the backing paper wrong on it. I got it right in the end, but I must have just been having one of those days. The sentiment is stamped with a wooden stamp from Anitas, the stars are a Sizzix Bigz die, the backing paper is just something I had in my stash, the textured card is from Papermania and the little gem stars are also from Papermania. Thanks for reading and looking :0)

3 comments:

Susan.... said...

fab card Michelle,l think we all have days like that hehe...
l am sure the little boy loved it !
Hugs
susan X

Nikbee said...

A great card, just perfect for a little boy.

Nikki x

sadia said...

card is just perfect for small boy and easily made in short time. colors and layered star is looking decent and attractive.
Custom Gift Cards
plastic card printing

Here kitty kitty - put your cursor on him and he will purr and meow !