Sunday 10 April 2011

Sarah Kay Sister Card - Also for a Sketch Challenge


Good afternoon - isn't the weather gorgeous - hope it lasts. My little one is outside in the park with his dad at the mo, making the most of it.
This pretty card was made using a sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
When I finished colouring this Sarah Kay image, I realised it would make a lovely sister card. I have used pro markers to colour the image. I then highlighted parts of the image with clear fine glitter. The backing papers are Basic Grey "Oh Baby" range. I have used a pink flower from my stash, a gold flower, and little closed rosebuds. On the pink flower, I have added the tiniest green gems to the petals. I have punched the leaves and inked the edges with green ink. The sentiment is hand stamped and both the sentiment and image have been inked around the edges with brown ink. This is all finished off with 3 green gems on the image and pretty pink ribbon mounted onto lace. Hope you like and thanks for looking. :0)
I am entering this card into the following sketches:-
Sweet Sketch Wednesday
Shelly's Images
Mami Doodles
Papercrafting Journey
Cardmakin Mamas
Papertake Weekly Challenge
Crafts & Me
Craft Your Passion

11 comments:

Susan.... said...

Hi michelle ,
Hope you and the family are well !
Thats a gorgeous card, l so love that image and you have done a great job with the colouring. Good luck with the challenges..
Hugs
susan xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and such lovely colours.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Michelle! Thanks for sharing it with us at PTW this week. x
PS Wish I could move from Liverpool to Buxton; love it there1 x

mulberry station said...

i kove the Sarah Kaye images. They are some of my favorites. Your card is gorgeous and I love all the detail work. Thanks so much for joining us this week.
Nancy SSW-DT

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a beautiful sister card! Such an adorable image! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Kathie said...

Hi Michelle,
This is a very pretty card love your image and colours you've used and your embellishments are really cute. This would make a great Sister Card you can never have enough. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

sammi said...

Very pretty. The embossing on the flower is a nice touch. Thank you for joining us in our "Scrappy's Birthday Bash" Challenge at Shelly's Images.

sweetbloominscraps said...

I always love to see those Sarah Kay images! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Judi SSW DT

Arlana 11426 said...

I love your Sara Kay Image. your colors are just so sweet. Arlana@SSW!!!

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the papers.

Nikki x

Unknown said...

What a cute little kitty you posted. I had a great time playing with him. :) And thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images. Please join us again soon.

Here kitty kitty - put your cursor on him and he will purr and meow !