Wednesday 20 May 2009

Room Box for a Challenge over on the CB Forum




I always wanted one of these and now I have made one :cheese: Its a room box and the template came from this website - it was a freebie and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I have now downloaded it and intend to use it again and again. I ended up also buying the templates for the bedroom furniture. Thank you CB.
As you can see from the pics it is a girls bedroom. I made the bedroom furniture and soft furnishings. The soft furnishings are hand sewn. The other items, jewellery box, handbag, teddy (I did put the white ribbon on him), vase and flowers I bought. Did you also notice the sewing basket? What girls room would be complete without this?
The curtains have been hung onto a pink pipe cleaner from my son's toybox :lol: and I added two pink faceted beads on the ends to secure curtains in place. I then made the duvet and pillow, which I stuffed with scraps of material.
I decorated the outside of the box to make it look like a window box.
I love this and I hope you like it to. Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Michelle,wowww I love your room,so pretty,such a lot of work,bet you enjoyed doing it though!!!
Luv Maureen x

Susan.... said...

Hi Michelle !
That is absolutely Beautiful!l love it! all that gorgeous detail..well done ! X
thanks for your lovely message on my blog...will get back to you a bit later...hope you and your family are well.Good luck with the challenges X

tiggertastic said...

wow this is amazing, what a very pretty and detailed make, no idea how you done half of it. stunning!

Mei Chan said...

Wow very impressive Michelle. You have alot of patients to some work as detailed as that. It is so different. Mei.

Here kitty kitty - put your cursor on him and he will purr and meow !