Sunday 21 February 2010

Sugar Nellie's Claudia the Artist & a bit of recycling





Hi everyone - here is a card that has been made up using a recycled cereal packet as an element on it. As you can see from the pics the scalloped circle started life as a Special K box, the pictures kind of explain everything. I just die cut the scalloped circles with my cuttlebug, painted them with acrylic paint and then stamped a swirly flower design onto them. I also painted the back of these circles just in case I wanted to use them as a raised element - wouldn't be any good if recipient got a peak of Special K on the back lol. Anyhow, I have used my green and silver circle for this card to go with Claudia. I inked the edges of the beige flower and the tips of the green leaves. I stamped the corners with Laura Ashley Conemmera stamp and attached little purple pearls as well. Thanks for looking - Michelle x

3 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Your scallop circles look fantastic Michelle! What a great way to recycle!
Your card is beautiful!
Hugs
Nicola

Heather said...

It's a beautiful card Michelle, and great recycling idea! I love how you've inked the tips of your leaves they look fab!

Heather x x

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Michelle, the image is gorgeous and I love how you recycled your cereal packets!
Hugs
Debbie x

Here kitty kitty - put your cursor on him and he will purr and meow !